Medical writers are communications professionals who are skilled in writing documents and articles concerned with health care or medical topics. These writers work for health care facilities, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies or may work as freelance medical writers. Medical writers research medical information and data, and also read medical and technical journals and references to be able to write articles that are accurate. Medical writers may also gather data from clinical studies and interview professionals and experts to get needed information. Medical writers should be familiar with technical language and terms and should be able to produce articles or documents that are easily understood by the general public.
Sample Medical Writer CV Template
Derby, DE26 1GB
Flexible and skilled writer is seeking a job as a medical writer for a company that provides challenging tasks and avenues for career growth.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess six years of experience working as a medical writer.
- Highly organized and capable of sorting relevant information.
- With a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Adept in writing technical articles and familiar with technical terms.
- Capable of understanding complex medical information.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Medical Writer, Derby Hospital
- Review medical papers, journals, and reports of clinical studies to gather relevant data.
- Do statistical analysis of data as well as translate medical information into practical information.
- Interview experts in the field.
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, Derby University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.