Literary scouts are wide readers who are responsible for looking for unpublished material or good works that are worth publishing and have a potential for being a hit in the market. They have to recommend titles and works to clients who are looking for specific material that fits their needs and interest. Literary scouts may work freelance or work for literary agencies or film productions. Most literary scouts are on the look-out for foreign books and material that have a good potential to attract wide readership and sales in the country and recommend them for local versions.
Sample Literary Scout CV Template
Liverpool, L16 9JD
Creative and skilled literary scout with exposure to written works around the world is looking for the opportunity to join a literary agency where I can contribute my knowledge for the agency’s benefit.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess five years of experience as a literary scout.
- Highly knowledgeable in different literary genre and numerous authors.
- A wide reader exposed to works around the globe.
- With a keen eye for talent and market potential of write-ups.
- Demonstrate success in looking for works that are doing well in the market.
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – Present: Literary Scout, New Directions Agency
- Look for unpublished manuscripts, read them and evaluate their quality and potential.
- Recommend write-ups that are timely and fitting in current literary industry.
- Research for books that can be translated and published in the country.
2000 – 2004: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, Liverpool University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.