Lifestyle writers are creative writers and journalists who specialize in writing articles related to lifestyle. They work for publications such as newspapers but most are employed in magazines that are highly specialized in the theme of home and lifestyle. Some lifestyle writers work freelance and can submit contributions or column articles to different magazines and newspapers. Lifestyle writers attend events such as fashion shows, weddings and parties of socialites and important personalities. They also go to different fashion shows, clothing stores, furniture stores, salons, and other places related to lifestyle. In such cases, they write reviews and give recommendations to readers.
Sample Lifestyle Writer CV Template
Dartmouth Park Road
London, NW4 1SU
Dynamic and motivated writer is hoping to be part of a growing magazine where my abilities can be a welcome contribution to the continued success of the magazine.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess four years working as a lifestyle writer.
- Creative and demonstrate ability to come up with original ideas.
- Sound understanding of fashion trends and family issues.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent grasp of the English language.
- With a pleasing personality and ability to interact with others.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Lifestyle Writer, Home and Family Magazine
- Conceptualize topics for each issue that is released every month.
- Go around shops in different places and write helpful reviews.
- Interview personalities in the fashion and entertainment industry.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.