Lifestyle editors work in magazines and newspaper organizations. They may also be employed by television networks that air programs specializing in lifestyle topics. In newspapers, lifestyle editors take charge of the lifestyle section or lifestyle pages of the newspaper and oversee the lifestyle writers. Lifestyle editors need to be highly knowledgeable of the different aspects that fit into the lifestyle category such as fashion, food and cooking, clothes and accessories, family and home life. Their own experiences become an important source of reference and examples to be used in articles and can be shared to writers. They edit lifestyle articles and ensure the content and grammar.
Sample Lifestyle Editor CV Template
Edgbaston, Birminghan, B16 2TT
Flexible and responsible writer is seeking a position as a lifestyle editor for a magazine where my skills and abilities can be honed while I exert my best effort in helping the magazine reach more heights.
Summary of Qualification
- With six years of experience working as a lifestyle editor.
- Exceptional command of the English language in oral and written communication.
- Strong skills in editing and verifying information.
- Possess a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Familiar with different facets of lifestyle such as fashion and food.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Lifestyle Editor, Home and Family Magazine
- Meet lifestyle writers to discuss topics and assign articles.
- Assist lifestyle writers in completing their articles and give them useful information.
- Edit articles.
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, Birmingham University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.