Language translators are communications graduates who are employed in different settings and for different purposes. They may work for writers, book publishers, international competitions, scientists or other professionals that need language specialists who can translate written language into another language for people to understand the message. Language translators must be sensitive to the purpose of their specific task. They have to be familiar with the code of ethics and confidentiality of certain information that they become aware of or individuals that they come to know during their work. Language translators must know at least two different languages.
Sample Language Translator CV Template
Carlisle, CA4 8TB
Trustworthy individual with superb communications skills is looking for a job as a language translator for a publishing firm where my knowledge can be of good use for readers and the company.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess four years of professional experience as a language translator.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledgeable of at least six different languages.
- Excellent active listening skills and reading comprehension.
- Skilled in writing different kinds of literary forms.
- Willing to travel to perform duties.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Language translator, One World Publishers
- Read books that have been chosen for worldwide publication.
- Draft interpretations of documents in three different languages to be reviewed and edited.
- Rewrite interpretations based on comments and suggestions of writers and editors.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, Carlisle University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.