Graphics editors are graphics artists that are skilled in editing photographs, drawings, illustrations, and other graphics for use in print or other forms of media. They are usually part of the editorial board of publications such as newspapers and magazines but also work in advertising agencies and other industries that use graphics or they may work freelance. Graphics editors are highly knowledgeable and skilled in using photo and graphics editing software. They are creative and familiar with different styles of editing and keep updated on emerging technologies and upgrades of existing software. Graphics editors must know how to choose the graphics and editing style to suit articles and their objective or purpose.
Sample Graphics Editor CV Template
New Heights Company
London, SW2 1LS
Creative and meticulous worker is searching for a job as a graphics editor for a magazine where I can utilize and enhance my skills for the benefit of the magazine.
Summary of Qualification
- With six years of professional experience as a graphics editor.
- Adept in the use of graphics editing software such as Adobe Photoshop CS2.
- Skilled in photography and illustration.
- Knowledgeable of conventional and contemporary editing styles.
- Strict and gives a premium to quality and precision.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Graphics Editor, UK Today
- Determine the graphics needed for layout during editorial board meetings.
- Read articles that require graphics and check photographs and illustrations available.
- Select appropriate graphics and edit them for use in the layout.
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.