Grant writers are employed by non-government organizations, charity organizations, science and research institutions, and other institutions that rely on outside funding for operation or to fund special projects. Grant writers are responsible for looking for potential funding agencies and grants that are suitable to the organization or particular projects. They must find out the requirements and qualifications and make sure that the organization is qualified. Grant writers then proceed to fulfilling the requirements and writing proposals to submit to the funding agencies or grant foundations.
Sample Grant Writer CV Template
Silk Street, Barbican
London, EC3Y 8DT
Exceptional writer with expertise in researching and creating effective grants is seeking work as a grant writer for a non-government organization that espouses my advocacy for the environment.
Summary of Qualification
- With three years of experience as a grant writer.
- Exceptional skill in oral and written communication.
- Familiar with different funding agencies and grant foundations.
- Demonstrate an ability to write grants that are approved for funding.
- Sound knowledge of environmental laws, policies, and issues.
- Has a passion for the environment and experience as an advocate.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Grant Writer, Friends of Mother Earth Organization
- Research for grant foundations that have principles and advocacies similar to the organization.
- Write grant proposals and fulfil other requirements for application.
- Communicate with the target funding agencies or foundations for follow-up and other needs.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.