Feature writers are specialized writers who work in publications like newspapers. Feature writers are most often employed in magazines and digests that publish articles discussing particular topics. They write feature articles in different fields such as science, home and lifestyle, entertainment, and education. Feature writers may focus on a particular field where they can be known and become expert writers. To become a feature writer, most individuals take baccalaureate degrees in journalism or communication arts. Others are schooled in a non-communications field but become good writers sharing their knowledge in their field.
Sample Features Writer CV Template
Winchester, SO23 4NR
Creative and driven writer is hoping to become part of a reputable newspaper organization as a feature writer where I can be given challenging assignments.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of work experience as a features writer.
- Strong skills in written and oral communication.
- Sound knowledge of different fields such as science and sports.
- Possess excellent data gathering and research skills.
- Capable of making logical analysis and conclusions.
- Willing to travel for assignments.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Features Writer, UK Today
- Assigned events and personalities to cover for feature articles.
- Suggest topics for possible articles.
- Write articles and revise them based on editor’s comments.
- Attend staff meetings and section meetings.
- Give ideas about other articles.
- Occasionally assigned to do news articles.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Science in Journalism, Winchester University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.