Fact checkers are employed by magazines or television networks and is an important employer in the field. They are responsible for ensuring the accuracy and truthfulness of all the information and data presented in articles and in television programs that are mostly news-related or based on real-life events or situations. Fact checkers must be excellent researchers and reporters since many of their skills are required in these positions. They painstakingly review all stories to confirm the content through different sources and different means. Thus, fact checkers must be resourceful and patient in conducting their work. They are reliable individuals and are often required by employers to be graduates of communications degrees.
Sample Fact Checker CV Template
Priory Street, Coventry, CV2 5FB
Meticulous and reliable individual is looking for the opportunity to be a part of a television network as a fact checker where I can practice my expertise and help the network reach more success.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years of experience working as a fact checker.
- Exceptional skill in conducting research in different forms.
- Has a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Resourceful in looking for sources and references to check data.
- Possess skill in conducting interviews and gathering data.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Fact Checker, NNB Television Network
- Read and evaluate all stories to look for data that need to be checked.
- Conduct research from internet and print media.
- Call resource persons to verify data.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, Coventry University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.