Broadcast engineers are employed by television or radio networks and may also be employed by recording studios. Broadcast engineers are responsible for installing and maintaining hardware and systems used in broadcasting over television, radio, and other channels such as podcasts. They operate and upgrade these systems to ensure that it is functioning properly and transmitting broadcasts in a fast and efficient manner. Broadcast engineers regularly check the hardware for damages and perform repairs when needed. They perform their duties in coordination and cooperation with a team of technicians and staff since their tasks are numerous and highly technical. Broadcast engineers also work with producers and production managers.
Sample Broadcast Engineer CV Template
Burton Street, Nottingham, NG2 4BU
Knowledgeable and highly qualified engineer is seeking employment as broadcast engineer in a television network where can be a valuable addition to its technical team.
Summary of Qualification
- With five years of work experience as a broadcast engineer.
- Possess sound knowledge of broadcasting principles and concepts.
- Vast knowledge in different equipment for broadcasting and technological advancements.
- Can work with a team while also able to function independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent research and organization skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – Present: Broadcast Engineer, People First Television Network
- Maintain and repair equipment for production, broadcast and satellite transmission.
- Regularly check and assess condition of equipment.
- Install facilities and test new facilities and equipment.
1999 – 2004: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.