Associate editors work as part of the editorial board of publications such as newspapers and magazines. They work closely with the editor-in-chief and with section editors and are responsible for organizing the content of the publication. Associate editors help in brainstorming and conceptualizing topics of articles and assigning them to the most suitable writers. They are also involved in helping hire qualified and deserving writers to become staff members of the publication. Associate editors read and evaluate articles that have passed the scrutiny of section editors. They may also assist in revising or rewriting articles that require a lot of changes that can no longer be done by the writer due to time constraint and limitations.
Sample Associate Editor CV Template
London, W2B 2UW
Experienced and committed professional is searching for employment as an associate editor of a newspaper where I can contribute my abilities in producing articles that are relevant and news-worthy.
Summary of Qualification
- Seven years of professional experience working as an associate editor.
- Outstanding skill in evaluating and editing articles.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent people management and time management skills.
- Highly capable of meeting deadlines.
- Capable of motivating writers.
Career Experience/Job History
2003 – Present: Associate Editor, UK Today
- Read and evaluate articles submitted by section editors.
- Edit articles for content and grammar.
- Help in revision and rewriting of articles that are of poor quality.
1998 – 2002: Bachelor of Science in Journalism, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.