Animators work for film production companies releasing cartoons or computer animation in their films. Some animators also work freelance and present their ideas to prospective film producers. Animators are artists who are mainly responsible for using computer software or basic animation techniques to create artistic films or cartoons. They meet with clients to discuss their needs and present concepts and storyboards based on the film script and initial ideas of the film directors. Animators are capable of producing illustrations and making many frames of illustrations to be used in creating movement of characters. They rely heavily on their artistic ability but must also be trained and constantly seeking improvement of their craft.
Sample Animator CV Template
Dundee, DD1 4HN
Artistic and passionate artist is looking for a job as an animator for a film production company where I can enrich my skills as well as use them to the advantage of the company.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of professional experience as an animator.
- Knowledgeable of creating 2D sketches and 3D models for animation.
- Knowledgeable of Flash, Lightwave and Cinema 4D software.
- Excellent illustration and graphics editing skills.
- Possess a high degree of artistry and creativity.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Animator, Fun Kids Studio
- Meet clients and conceptualize ideas for animation work.
- Create 2D sketches and many frames to produce animation.
- Use different kinds of software to achieve different looks.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts, Dundee University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.