Stock traders work in brokerage houses staffed with Securities Analysts who are responsible in exploring and evaluating securities markets and trends to spot high yielding stocks, bonds and securities to enable their clients to maintain a healthy investment portfolio. They same people can be found in companies who do the same to advice finance managers to make sound decisions in investing idle corporate funds in marketable securities.
Sample Securities Analyst CV Template
Frederick B. Fergusson
Goodge St., London, UK
To be a lead securities analyst for a large brokerage company
2001 – Present: Securities Analyst, Merchant Equity Partners Lip, Berkeley
- Gather and analyze information about companies, their issues shares and bonds using daily stock quotes, bond performance reports, market and economic trend data, trading volumes, financial statements and other relevant documents and publications.
- Periodically meet with investment houses and financial analysts in trading floors for updates on investment landscape on select businesses.
- Provide financial recommendations and investment advice to clients and corporate finance officers, pension fund managers, and securities agents.
- Secure the best yielding investment securities once available.
- Coordinate with stock brokers to buy or sell stocks.
- Extensive knowledge on operation of stock trading in bourses
- Excellent command of the American and British English language
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
Awarded Employee of the Year for 3 consecutive years – 2007 and 2009
2004 – 2006: MBA, Queen Mary University of London
1998 – 2001: BS Economics, Kings’ College London
To be furnished upon request