The Shop Avionics Technician conducts tests, repairs and overhaul of avionics equipment installed in the aircraft cockpit of military or commercial aircraft. There are two type of avionics technicians – line avionics who repair inside the aircraft for minor faults and the shop avionics who repairs routed avionics equipment to the shops from the line.
Sample Shop Avionics Technician CV Template
Peter A. Haggerty
Hotwell Rd., Bristol, UK
After working in a foreign country, I am returning to seek employment to continue my profession as an avionics technician specializing in B747 Boeing avionics of any series
2005 – Present: Avionics Technician “A”, Saudi Arabian Airlines, Jeddah
- Perform test routine, repair and overhaul at the shop level on avionics navigational equipment on the B747, 200 and 400 passenger aircrafts.
- Perform tests and minor repair on Airbus A300, A320 and A340-800 aircrafts.
- Comply with repair procedures required by avionics manufacturers
- Comply with mandated maintenance standards
- Participate in quality and productivity improvement programs on the shop floor.
1999 – 2005: Aircraft Mechanic Technician “A”, Ryanair, Stansted
- Test and repair avionics instrumentation on the B737 400 series.
- Overhaul avionics instruments in accordance with UK-CAA and US-FAA avionics maintenance standards
- Above average computer literacy in using automated aircraft maintenance parts inventory and job productivity systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English to work in a team.
Cited Employee of the Year in 2006, 2008 to the present for perfect attendance and consistent high repair output performance r throughout each of these years
1997 – 1999: BS Aeronautic Engineering (undergraduate), University of Bristol
To be furnished upon request