Meteorologists work in airline operations offices where they work closely with flight dispatchers and other personnel concerned with weather patterns and data. Meteorologists study and research about weather information to come up with an accurate analysis of the daily weather and regular weather updates. He/she coordinates with flight dispatchers in making a detailed flight plan considering the weather conditions. This aviation professional must be knowledgeable in using equipment and materials for studying weather data such as weather charts and must be capable of working long shifts.
Sample Meteorologist CV Template
Pentonville Road, Islington
London, N1 8LP
Analytical and organized professional looking for an opportunity to work in an airline company as a meteorologist where my skills can be of service to citizens making use of aviation transport.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess four years of experience working as a meteorologist.
- Capable of operating equipment such as computers and fax machines.
- Knowledgeable in translating data in weather charts and other source of weather information.
- Capable of working long shifts and extended work hours.
- Excellent data analysis and decision-making skills.
- Prompt and punctual in completing work.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Meteorologist, UK Airlines
- Research and gather weather information from weather charts and equipment readings.
- Analysed data gathered to determine and predict weather pattern.
- Communicate with flight dispatcher to utilize weather information in making flight plans.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Science in Meteorology, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.