Ground or station attendants are service and assistance personnel working in airport terminals. They are highly visible to the public. They perform numerous tasks to help passengers with their needs and ensure that they can easily be provided with information they need regarding airport services and the services of different airlines. Thus, ground attendants must be abreast about flight schedules, services, and possible problems that may occur in airports. They are the personnel responsible for answering queries of passengers about fare rates, or help out passengers having problems with their baggage or flight schedules.
Sample Ground Or Station Attendant CV Template
Fulbourne Road, Walthamstow
London, E15 4EG
Hard-working and resourceful professional with great skill in dealing with passengers and handling numerous tasks is seeking employment as a ground attendant in an airport.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of professional experience as a ground attendant for an international airport.
- Knowledgeable in airport rules and regulations regarding flights and passenger service.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Highly skilled in interacting and dealing with passengers.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong skills in coordinating individuals.
- Willing to work long hours if necessary.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Ground Attendant, London Airport
- Remain highly visible to the public at all times and help out passengers having problems.
- Constantly move around the airport to perform duties.
- Answer queries of passengers regarding missed connection flights, schedules, and others.
A high school graduate with good academic standing.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.