Flight test pilots work for government agencies responsible for ensuring civil aviation safety. Flight test pilots check and ensure the airworthiness of all kinds of aircrafts by carefully studying them physical and conducting specific tests. They must be excellent pilots since they conduct flight testing and assess the flight performance of aircrafts and their pilots. Flight test pilots usually test prototypes of new designs or existing aircrafts that have been modified or developed for improved characteristics. Flight test pilots should be certified and licensed pilots. Employees require flight training while a degree in aeronautical engineering is an advantage for job seekers.
Sample Flight Test Pilot CV Template
Aberdeen AB24 3FX
Responsible and reliable licensed pilot hoping to become part of the civil aviation safety agency as a flight test pilot and contribute in ensuring that all approved aircrafts are safe.
Summary of Qualification
- With six years of professional experience as a flight test pilot.
- Comprehensive knowledge in government standards for aircraft safety.
- Meticulous and can recognize problems in aircrafts.
- Possess good eyesight and physically fit.
- Willing to travel to different locations as part of the job.
- Excellent command of the English language.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Flight Test Pilot
- Inspect aircrafts to ensure that their parts and physical build and engineering comply with safety requirements.
- Conduct flight test to determine flight performance and engine operation.
- Involved in investigating flight accidents or violations of government regulations.
With commercial flight certification and military flight training.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.