Not all aircrafts require flight engineers. Flight engineers work only for airline companies that have large jet planes designed to have three-person flight crews. Most of large planes nowadays only have captains and first officers. Flight engineers are responsible for checking the aircraft condition and flight-readiness before each flight. They ensure that aircrafts are properly fuelled by the concerned staff and immediately inform the crew if there are any problems with fuelling operations. Flight engineers monitor several systems in the aircraft during the flights such as the air conditioning and cabin pressurization. Some flight engineers eventually become captains.
Sample Flight Engineer CV Template
Roseford Road, Cambridge, CB3 2HD
Flexible and committed job seeker is hoping to join an airline company as a flight engineer where I can practice my skills and gain significant knowledge and experience on the job.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years of work experience as a flight engineer.
- Possess sound knowledge of aviation standards and operation of commercial flights.
- Thorough understanding of proper system functions in different aircrafts.
- Can be counted on to carefully monitor tasks.
- Skilled in ensuring safe and smooth flights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Flight Engineer, Cambridge Airline Company
- Check the aircraft for any problems or lack of fuel before flights.
- Ensure that the aircraft is safe for flights before take-off.
- Monitor and assess air-conditioning system during flights.
Possess a high school diploma and pilot licensure.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.