Ferry pilots are employed by aircraft manufacturing companies, the military, or companies providing airline services for such purposes. Ferry pilots are responsible for delivering new aircraft or aircraft that is purchased to dealer’s showrooms or the homes of private owners who have purchased aircrafts. Ferry pilots may have to spend additional time in the location of the aircraft owners or dealers if needed. They must take a flight in a commercial airplane to return to the company office or go home. Ferry pilots are licensed pilots who may have had experience flying for other purposes such as being a commercial pilot or air taxi pilot.
Sample Ferry Pilot CV Template
Lewes Road, Brighton, BN2 4AT
Attentive and flexible job seeker is hoping to land a job as a ferry pilot of a company where my skills can be utilized and I can contribute to providing quality service to customers.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of professional experience as a ferry pilot.
- Strong understanding of aviation policies and standards.
- Knowledgeable of flying different kinds of aircraft.
- Gives a premium to safety and care in flying.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent people management and time management skills.
- Willing to work long hours if needed.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Ferry Pilot, Brighton Airline Company
- Assigned job orders to deliver aircrafts to special customers.
- Ensure that the aircraft is inspected by owner before leaving.
- Return home via commercial airplane transport.
Possess required certification for pilots and a high school diploma.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.