Co-pilots or first officers work in airline companies, private companies, or and may also work for private aircraft owners. Co-pilots work in the cockpit where they assist the captain in flying the aircraft. Co-pilots are responsible for monitoring the flight instruments to ensure that the numbers are within normal range. They also handle radio communication and monitor air traffic. Co-pilots should be cautious and have good observation skills. They must inform and alert the captain of any potential problems or suspicious changes in the flight panel or any safety issues. Co-pilots must be well-trained and licensed and must be able to fly aircrafts well.
Sample Co-Pilot Or First Officer CV Template
Edgbaston, Birminghan, B16 2TT
Driven individual with excellent flying skills is looking for a job as a co-pilot in an airline company where my skills can be honed and I can gain additional work experience.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years working as a co-pilot in a reputable airline company.
- Knowledgeable in aviation technology and language.
- Sound knowledge in aviation regulations and standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a keen eye for detail and good observation skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Co-pilot, London Airline Company
- Assist the captain during flights by handling radio communication and watching for air traffic.
- Monitor flight controls and inform the captain of any problems.
- Handle the flight controls if directed by captain.
With a high school diploma and flying certificate.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.