Baggage handlers perform tasks that may seem simple but are very important in ensuring the smooth operations of airports and the orderly flow of passengers in and out of the airport. Baggage handlers are responsible for loading and unloading baggage of passengers onto the right baggage stations. They must ensure that the baggage is carefully handled and assist passengers who are having problems locating their baggage or have baggage that is misplaced. Baggage handlers must efficiently perform their job to prevent the hold up of baggage and passenger flow. They are also tasked with loading and unloading commercial cargo.
Sample Baggage Handler CV Template
Holloway Road, London, N7 8DB
Physically fit and efficient worker is looking for a position as a baggage handler in an airport where my skills can be utilized and there are opportunities for professional growth.
Summary of Qualification
- With two years of work experience as a baggage handler.
- Possess an attentive and sharp eye and mind.
- With exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and social skills.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- With a pleasing personality and positive character.
- Willing to work extended hours if necessary.
Career Experience/Job History
2008 – Present: Baggage Handler, London Airport
- Promptly load and unload baggage of passengers onto baggage platforms.
- Help passengers unload their baggage.
- Carefully handle baggage and commercial cargoes.
- Assist passengers who have lost or misplaced their baggage.
Possess a high school diploma.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.