Airline Ticketing Agents are the airline’s traditional distribution sales agents who sell airline tickets with or without seat reservations. The work in the airline’s traditional tickets offices in downtown malls and airports. They are distinguished from travel agents in their uniforms which are distinct airline ground hostess uniforms and are exclusive to selling the tickets of the airlines they work with while travel agents can sell tickets of various airlines.
Airline Ticketing Agent CV Format
Lydia T. Orsini
Worthington St., Springfield, Illinois
Phone: (413) 114-6566
To work as an Airline Ticketing Agent for an international airline
2004 – Present: Airline Ticketing Agent, Southwest Airlines, Springfield Ticket Office
- Observe work shift schedules to ensure optimum productivity
- Get updated with the latest travel information by ensuring that office manuals, including OAG and IATA publications are updated with the latest releases.
- Keep abreast on current events to ensure that travel advisories are updated
- Maintain healthy business relationships with travel agents in the area.
- Answer customer calls and respond to pertinent travel inquiries.
- Perform seat bookings requested over the phone and check applicable frequent flyer membership for applicable mileage discounts.
- Advice customer to get e-tickets by email or visit nearest ticket office for printed IATA or ATB tickets.
Skills and Qualification
- Nearly 6 years of experience as an airline ticketing agent with complete knowledge in the airline’s ticketing systems and emerging trend in e-tickets
- Excellent command of geography, time zones and nationalities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
2004 – Present: In-house training on the airline’s reservation and ticketing system
2001 – 2004: High School Diploma, Cowden-Henrick High School, Shelby, IL
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request