Airline Reservation Agents are work as telesales agents who entertain passenger calls for airline seat bookings. They can work to issue paperless tickets by email as well as process online bookings behind the scene, promulgating the seat reservations using legacy systems if there is no direct interface between airline reservations and online seat inventory displays. They can also respond to customer inquiries via email through their websites.
Airline Reservation Agent CV Format
Rita Q. Collins
W Twiggs, Tampa, Florida
Phone: (772) 254-6522
To work as an Airline Reservation Agent for a reputable international airline
2006 – Present: Airline Reservation Agent, United Airlines
- Observe work shift schedules to ensure optimum productivity
- Check that system information is updated with the latest travel data from OAG and IATA publications.
- Keep abreast on current events to ensure that travel advisories are updated
- Maintain healthy business relationships with travel agents in the area.
- Answer customer calls and respond to pertinent travel inquiries.
- Perform seat bookings requested over the phone and check applicable frequent flyer membership for applicable mileage discounts.
- Advice customer to get e-tickets by email or visit nearest ticket office for printed IATA or ATB tickets.
Skills and Qualification
- About 4 years experience in processing airline reservation using the legacy PARS system.
- Excellent command of political geography, time zones and nationalities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Received commendations as being the top of the class in the training workshop for the airline’s basic airline reservation course
2006 – Present: In-house training on airline operations and reservation systems.
2004 – 2006: High School Diploma, Bloomfield High School, NJ
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request