The Airline Refunds Manager works in the airline’s headquarters or in major operating hubs and supervises a team of refunds clerks and accountants to process customer refunds in accordance with the airline’s policies and procedures. The Airline Refunds Manager ensures that the ticket for refund is not on promotional discounted programs which are often ineligible for refunds. Otherwise, they can be refunded after a simple verification on its ticketing database.
Airline Refunds Manager CV Format
Sarah R. Egbert
West Rd, Atlanta, Georgia
Phone: (404) 744-6783
To work as a senior Refunds Manager in an airline or retail company
2004 – Present: Refunds Manager, Delta Airlines, Atlanta
- Approve refund requests as processed by recommending refunds clerk.
- Implement corporate refund policies and procedures
- Disseminate to all operations managers which tickets are refundable and which ones are not.
- Process refund requests from customer winback purposes as approved by the marketing head
- Supervise staff to ensure they perform their duties and responsibilities
- Provide marketing and accounting heads with reports on the refunding trends in the various markets served.
Skills and Qualification
- High expertise in airline accounting systems
- Excellent skills in computerized accounting systems in the Oracle platform
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
Cited by the executive board for outstanding work performance in the years 2006 to the present
2003: Various inhouse training on airline cost accounting systems, as well as the Air Transport Course conducted by the US-FAA.
2000 – 2003: BS in Economics, UCLA
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request