Getting a regular non-promotional airline ticket refunded is not instant as it requires a few days of processing unlike merchandise return. The Airline Refunds Managers ascertains first that the ticket is not the non-refundable promotional type before processing the refund. Then a check in the airline’s revenue accounting system will confirms if it’s not blacklisted and the corresponding correct revenue as already been credited. Only then is the refund request is approved.
Sample Airline Refunds Manager CV Template
Penelope O. Simpson
Salford, Manchester, UK
To be a senior Refunds Manager in an airline or retail company
2004 – Present: Assistant Refunds Manager, Delta Airlines
- Ensure compliance of all refund requests with airline policies and procedures.
- Ensure that airline tickets for refunds not regular airline tickets not marked with “not refundable.”
- Reject refund requests for non refundable tickets unless approved by airline executives for purely marketing purposes.
- Approve or reject refund requests within policies and procedures
- Advise customer by phone or email that refunds are ready to be picked up
- Approve refund deposits customer accounts or prepare refund checks.
- 7 years of experience in the accounting department for an airline
- Excellent skills in computerized accounting systems in the Oracle platform
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
Cited as Employee of the Year for 2005, 2007 and 2008 for outstanding work performance and perfect attendance
2002: Attended Air Transport Course conducted by the UK-CAA.
2000 – 2003: BS in Economics, University of Manchester
To be furnished upon request