Trained as a chef and often coming from the hotel and restaurant industries, the Airline Catering Chef is responsible for designing and specifying the airline food choices that go with the airline’s first, premium, business and economy inflight services classes. The Airline Catering Chef often heads the airline’s inflight catering department overseeing a management and supervisory staff that process the large scale mass production of inflight food.
Airline Catering Chef CV Format
Barnard T. Pompadour
W. Randolph St., Chicago, Illinois
Phone: (312) 466-7822
To work as an airline chef for a large airline or a ground handling catering company handling inflight servicing for foreign airlines
2003 – Present: Airline Chef, LSG Sky Chefs, O’Hare International, Chicago
- Meet and discuss with client airlines the specifics for its menu requirements in each of the classes of inflight service.
- Design and develop the proposed menu and present to clients for approval
- Implement menu elements and production schedules to meet client flight schedules.
- Brief catering production staff and warehouse procurement agents on menu production requirements to ensure seamless production efforts.
1999 -2003: Chef, Clarion Restaurant, LA
- Conduct menu research to create unique culinary concoctions for the restaurant
- Supervise kitchen staff in menu production and raw supply sourcing
- Conduct food and wine tasting sessions with management and executive staff
Skills and Qualification
- Awarded the Rotisserie Chef of the Year for 2003 and 2005.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, managerial and supervisory skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Cited by management in 2006 and 2008/9 for consistent high client satisfaction ratings for food presentation and taste
1995 – 1999: BA Culinary Arts, Le Cordon Bleu Collage, LA
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request