Airline captains work for airline companies where they are in command of aircrafts when they are in flight. They fly aircrafts ranging from small, fast jets to bigger, commercial airplanes that go on long flights. Airline captains are responsible for the overall safety of the aircraft, the crew, cargo, and all its passengers before take-off until they land. They check the condition of the aircraft before the flight and also ensure that all the crew and staff have performed their duties before take-off. During the flight, the airline captain monitors and supervises the crew in performing their duties and taking care of the needs of the passengers.
Sample Airline Captain CV Template
Eton Road, London, NW2 3HY
Organized and proactive licensed pilot is searching for a position as an airline captain in a competitive company that provides opportunities to enrich my skills and advance my career.
Summary of Qualification
- Has worked as an airline captain for six years.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of aviation standards and regulations for commercial flights.
- Has a keen eye for detail and gives priority to passenger safety.
- Excellent ability to handle staff and monitor numerous tasks.
- Demonstrate good time management and people management skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Airline Captain, London Airline Company
- Work with the meteorologist and flight dispatcher in planning safe and practical flights.
- Ensure that everything is in order before take-off.
- Double-check weather conditions before flight.
A high school graduate with licensure as a pilot.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.