Writer Editors communicate and interact with different people, institutions and organizations to gather data and information for articles assigned to them. They are also adept in online and offline research of the topics and are quick to identify places where they can get information efficiently. Writer Editors choose the validity and credibility of their sources and write their articles with outmost care not to commit plagiarism. They also act as editors of their work as well as the work of other writers within the agency.
Writer Editor CV Template Example
Bridport Place, Islington
London, N1 6JN
I am a hardworking and experienced individual seeking for a position as Writer Editor in a company. I am highly knowledgeable in data gathering and have exceptional writing skills. I have a wide network for sources of information and can edit manuscripts and other articles both mechanically and content wise.
2006 – Present: Writer Editor, AFP News Agency
- Identified news stories, gathered data through interviews, ocular inspections, research and verification
- Wrote news reports from data and information and angled them according to pressing issues of the society
- Incorporated human interest to the stories and tailored them according to the readers’ needs
- Edited own work as well as those from colleagues
2004-2006: Writer, Atlas Biomedicals
- Wrote product descriptions of new items for the company to be uploaded on their website
- Made advertising slogans and catch lines for promotional of items
- Made other reports and documents such as evaluations and plans
2000 – 2004: Bachelor of Arts in Journalis, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.