Contrary to popular belief, theater not only involves stage performances but also includes film and drama. Careers in this field include film actors, stage actors and dramatists. Stage managers, prop managers, directors, producers, theater music composers, stage maintenance crews and prompters are also included in theater careers. There is high competition for all these careers. Your theater resume should therefore be well prepared.
Theater CV Example, Format
Faith Jean Davis
343 Davis Rock
Little Rock, Colorado
Mobile No: +1 445 454 4566
Telephone No: +1 345 54 665
Prop manager seeking similar position in a theater company. Team player and will use organizational and design skills for the success of the company. Ready to relocate and travel with the theater company when the season begins.
2005 – 2008: Prop Manager with the Little Rock Theater Company
- Designed props for stage performances
- Oversaw the construction and making of props for stage performances
- Worked in close collaboration with director and script writer (where possible) to design and set up props on stage
- Assisted director in dress rehearsals to ensure that props functioned properly and were appropriate for the particular performance
- Oversaw the ordering and delivery of props for performances
- Repaired worn out and damaged props for reuse in the same and subsequent productions.
2003 – 2005: Assistant Prop Manager with the Little Rock Theater Company
- Assisted in the designing and construction of props
- Assisted in the ordering of props and ensuring that they were delivered
- Assisted in the repairing of worn out and damaged props for subsequent performances
2002 – 2003: Freelance Designer
- Designed garments and props for children’s parties and corporate events
1998 – 2002: BA Interior Design