Technical Editors evaluate and edit technical manuscripts based on topics coming from science and technology based activities and operations. They edit manuals, books, research, journals and operations procedures and other manuscripts with technical content. Technical Editors must be knowledgeable of the topics and area of specialization of the articles written so that they may be guided in representing and showing results and discussions. They must also be able to do two-stage editing.
Technical Editor CV Template Example
London, N18 3EP
I am an industrious and knowledgeable writer and editor with relevant educational background hoping to obtain a job as Technical Editor in an information processing company. I am trustworthy and implement tasks speedily without further supervision. I am also a good communicator and willing to take assignments accordingly.
2007 – Technical Editor, Creative Bio Co.
- Edited research results, thesis and journals based on topics related to biology and genetics
- Record results of clinical tests accurately and presented data through descriptive interpretations and discussions
- Coordinated with the writer and did mechanical and content editing of the manuscripts
2005 – 2007: Researcher, London Biomedicals
- Performed experiments on modern industry gadgets and submitted gathered data to the researcher
- Consolidated data into information and made reports out of it
- Kept records and used computer software for data analysis and information management
- Did field work and purchased materials and other items necessary for the research
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Science in Biology, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.