The look of a performer’s entire wardrobe is conceptualised and delivered by a costume designer. They usually find a job in entertainment sectors such as television, movies, theatres and photo shoots of models. To be a successful costume designer, one has to possess a creative bend of mind and his or her CV should highlight that quality of the person to catch the attention of prospective employers.
Sample Costume Designer CV
St. John’s Saints Church,
Portsmouth- PO049 567BT
Telephone: 045 5998 8256
Fax: 046 4588 3321
Email Address: email@example.com
Objective: I want to get associated with such an organization where I can render my service as a costume designer and which would in turn help me to grow as a designer and nurture my skills towards maturity and excellence.
- 1995-1999- Completed schooling from Snaith School in Snaith
- 1999-2002- Graduated from John Leggott College, Scunthorpe with specialization in ‘Design of Fashion Textiles’
- 2002-2004- Studied in Edinburgh College of Art and obtained specialization in Performance Costume
Summary of Professional Work Experience:
- 2005- Designed costumes for a play for the school Springdale High School. Worked with Robin Blue, the famous photographer for a photo shoot of models for a calendar
- 2006- Designed and created the costumes for Little Jo in the movie ‘The Big Break’
- 2007- 2009- Worked for the company ‘Stranger Tides Studio’ and designed their sets, props and costumes for photo shoot.
- 2010- present- Working as a costume designer with Stephen Konnie for the movie ‘Lost’