Assistant editors are directly responsible to the executive editor. The assistant editor assists the executive editor in his work. He has different editorial duties like editing articles, writing editorials in place of the executive editor. Assistant editors are also responsible for selecting content and writing matter. The assistant editor is basically a member of any press or any broadcast organization.
Sample Assistant Editor CV
France – 8657
I am an experienced professional seeking for a job position where I can develop my working as well as my professional skills. I would like to get further experience in this field. I have good organizational skills and also possess the ability to work under deadlines.
2005-Present: Sun TV
- Conducting cross checking of the news articles for copied or repeated content.
- Supervised the work of the writers and revised all the reporting news that came in for publishing.
- Provided administrative support to the editor by managing the other deputy editors and the subeditors.
- Wrote editorials in favor of the editor.
- In the absence of the editor played the role of supervising editor and handled the work.
- Selected topics to write major articles on for special editions.
- Assisted executive editor in reviewing, publishing and content creation.
- Reviewed articles for grammar and any special errors to be forwarded for publication.
- Recruited staff and writers for the press.
2000-2003: Bachelors in Mass Communication, Mass Com Study Center.
2003-2005: Masters in Mass Communication, Mass Com Study Center.
Professional reference will be provided upon request