There are several types of art directors. The type of director you are depends on the area of art you work in e.g. performing arts or fine arts. Whatever their area of specialization art directors should be well versed in that particular area. They should also be very creative so as to capture and maintain their target audience. To land that directorship job you need to craft a good resume. A great CV is a sure way of getting that interview invitation.
Art Director CV Example, Format
24 Gilmore Drive
Mobile No: +1 234 343 343
Telephone No: +1 455 454
Experienced assistant art director seeking position as an art director. Will use my vast experience in the organization and running of a museum and art gallery for the advancement of the organization. Eager to apply skills in planning and execution. The opportunity should allow for the development of further skills in the area through formal as well as practical training.
2005 -2007: Assistant Director at Curator’s Museum
- Assisted in the organization and facilitation of conferences and workshops within the museum
- Oversaw and assisted in the organization of museum displays
- Oversaw the cleaning and restoration of museum artifacts
- Was in charge of employing museum staff
2002 – 2005: Curator of Curator’s Museum
- Organized and setup museum displays
- Oversaw the cleaning of the museum and its grounds
- Organized museum staff and delegated duties
- Escorted visitors around the museum explaining the significance of each display and answering questions.
2000 – 2002: Diploma in Art History- Burrow University
- Named employee of the year for two consecutive years at the Curator’s Museum.