Video editing is a fast-growing career in this era of advancing digital technology. Video editors can work in a variety of settings. They may be employed by film production companies, television networks, or personal services for wedding and special events coverage. A video editor must be knowledgeable of principles in video editing and skilled in the use of video editing computer applications. Video editors must constantly upgrade their skills and take continuous education to keep up with technological advances in the field.
Sample Video Editor CV Template
Cherwell Drive, Birmingham
West Midlands, B39 0SS
Meticulous and skilled professional hoping to become part of a film production company as a video editor and enhance my skills while gaining more experience.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years of professional experience as a video editor.
- Sound understanding in the principles of film and film editing.
- Proficient in basic and advanced nonlinear video editing programs such as Final Cut Pro.
- Excellent command of the English language for oral and written communication.
- Possess excellent technical skills related to the job.
- Has a keen eye for detail and precision.
- Demonstrated the ability to follow instructions accurately.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Video Editor, Inspiration Film Productions
- Work under supervision of film director.
- Responsible for editing at least three films annually.
- Organize work prints to ensure smooth transitions in the film.
- Ensure the quality and maintenance of edited films.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts Major in Film, Birmingham University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.