Typesetting is an important step in the printing industry although with the advancement of printing technology, many industries no longer require manual typesetting. Those that still use typesetting machines need typesetters to retrieve letter patterns and arrange them according to the material that will be printed. Typesetters must be knowledgeable of operating typesetting machines. Those that want to continue working in the printing industry when typesetting becomes obsolete must receive training and learn how to use computer applications used in the more advanced printing industry.
Sample Typesetter CV Template
Oak Close, Birmingham
West Midlands, B19 9AW
Hard-working and skilled typesetter is looking for employment in a printing company where I can utilize my skills for the benefit of the company while also learning new techniques in printing.
Summary of Qualification
- Two years of work experience as a typesetter.
- Proficient in the use of typesetting machine.
- Organized and efficient in performing tasks.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent skill in doing mechanical work.
- Capable of working well under pressure.
- Highly capable of working extended hours to meet deadlines.
- Willing to learn on the job.
Career Experience/Job History
2008 – Present: Typesetter, Heritage Printing Company
- Receive instructions from supervisor about typesetting job.
- Review each document to be printed and carefully operate typesetting machine.
- Double-check printed material to ensure accuracy and correct errors.
- Occasionally assigned to assist in printing material using digitized prints.
2006 – 2007: Vocational education in typesetting, Birmingham.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.