Theatre directors work in theatre production companies. They are responsible for planning and implementing the creative interpretation of a script for the theatre stage. In some instances, theatre directors also work for effective theatre adaptations of movie scripts. Theatre directors have to take into consideration various aspects such as budget, time, and logistical needs of projects in making plans. Thus, they have to be creative but also highly knowledgeable of the workings of a theatre production.
Sample Theater Director CV Template
Croxteth Drive, Liverpool
Merseyside, L18 3AN
Theatre director with great artistic vision is looking for the opportunity to work with a theatre company that provides challenging projects and avenues for career growth.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess six years of professional experience as a theatre director.
- Comprehensive knowledge in the principles in theatre direction.
- Demonstrated the ability to handle theatre projects of different genres.
- Excellent ability to organize and oversee theatre productions.
- Updated in trends in the theatre industry.
Career Experience/Job History
2004: Theatre Director, Liverpool Theatre Company
- Responsible for reading original scripts and selecting the scripts that are potentially appealing to the audience, suitable for the location, and can be staged with the given budget.
- Organize and manage auditions for roles in the theatre production.
- Supervise rehearsals, give pointers to actors on how to perform well and memorize their lines, and give them directions relevant to blocking and choreography.
- Work closely with other members of the production staff to ensure that all the needs are provided for from pre-production to post-production.
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts, Liverpool College
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.