Sketch artists are visual artists specializing in drawing and sketching various subjects from buildings, portraits, cartoons, to nature. They may work on their own and produce artwork for sale or exhibits and may also be commissioned to produce sketches for individuals and groups. Sketch artists may also be employed by companies like publishing groups for the creation of sketches for use in books and other published materials. Sketch artists continue to thrive despite the proliferation of digital graphics because of their detail and human touch to the artworks.
Sample Sketch Artist CV Template
Finsbury Park, London N4 5LN
Creative and resourceful artist looking for employment as a sketch artist for a publishing house where I can pursue my passion while sharing my talent to the readers.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of professional experience as a sketch artist.
- With sound understanding of drawing and art principles.
- Skilled in the use of different material for sketching such as charcoal and ink.
- Possess a high level of creativity and resourcefulness.
- Constantly enrich skills by learning modern techniques.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Sketch Artist, Great Minds Publishing Group
- Receive assignments from graphics editor for weekly output.
- Create sketches for regular magazines published.
- Occasionally tasked to create sketches for special book projects.
- Responsible for making a cartoon that is released daily.
- Provide recommendations regarding the improvement of illustrations and graphics of published material.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.