Sign writers are also called sign makers and they are employed by businesses that create signboards for different purposes such as streets, shops, and schools. Sign writers make use of different kinds of material to make signs. They may use paint or may also use other advanced methods of making signs such as neon lights. They may also cut out letters by hand or by the use of power tools when using hard material such as wood or metal. Sign writers must be creative and innovative to satisfy the demand of their clients for catchy and easily seen signs.
Sample Sign Writer CV Template
Sydney Road, Muswell Hill
London, N15 2NL
Innovative and creative sign writer hoping to work for a company where I can utilize and enhance my skills while learning new techniques in performing my duties.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess three years of professional experience working as a sign writer.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Highly skilled in using different materials in making signs.
- Adept in the use of various kinds of machines relevant to sign making.
- Innovative and resourceful in making work efficient.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Sign Writer, Creative Signs Company
- Discuss kinds of signs to create to determine specifications and detail needed by clients.
- Make a thorough work plan in creating signs.
- Organize and manage a team of workers if help is needed in making signs.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts, London University
With vocational training in the use of relevant tools.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.