Poets may work for magazines, newspapers, publishing groups, or literary groups. Some also work as freelance poets and submit contributions to different groups on a per-article or project basis while others write a collection of poems and look for publishers. Poets write poems that may be narrative, lyric, or dramatic. They may write based on their own format and using their own subjects or may write poems based on the specification of their employer.
Sample Poet CV Template
Conybere Street, Birmingham
West Midlands, B14 0YL
Creative and talented writer seeking employment as a poet for a magazine where I can fully realize my potential as an artist and share my abilities to entice more readers and subscribers.
Summary of Qualification
- With four years of work experience as a writer and poet.
- Outstanding grasp of the English language for use in oral and written communication.
- Highly knowledgeable of the various forms and techniques in writing poetry.
- Abreast of global trends in the field of literature.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Poet, Creative Magazine
- Conceptualize and present poem ideas to editors for approval.
- Write poems and open to suggestions and criticism until final draft is approved for publication.
- Occasionally write poems based on the specification of the editors.
- Required to submit at least ten poems per magazine issue.
- Create graphics for books and brochures published by the company.
- Research about subject matter and meet with individuals in cases where subject is a person.
- Participate in literary readings and other activities organized by the magazine.
- Share recommendations to improve the poetry section of the magazine.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Arts in Literature, Birmingham University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.