As more and more individuals and groups yearn for better offices and homes, job opportunities for interior designers and interior design assistants increase. Interior design assistants perform administrative tasks for interior designers. They work under the supervision of interior designers while also being involved in some designing tasks depending on the need of the interior designer. Those with education and skills in interior design may start off as interior design assistants at the entry level.
Sample Interior Design Assistant CV Template
Bryanston Road, Liverpool
Merseyside, L18 7AL
Reliable and dedicated graduate hoping to land a job as an interior design assistant where I can enrich my skills and learn more about practical application of interior design principles.
Summary of Qualification
- Two years of work experience as an interior design assistant.
- Sound understanding of interior design styles and principles.
- Exposed to different kinds of designs of various structures.
- Keeps updated in new trends in the interior design industry.
Career Experience/Job History
2008: Interior design assistant, Home Design Inc.
- Give assistance to interior designer in creating designs for clients.
- Research for trends and styles of furniture, fabric, glass, and other materials used in designing structures.
- Organize and maintain catalogue of designs and fabrics.
- Assist in purchasing materials needed such as accessories.
- Assist the interior designers in meetings with clients.
- Perform clerical tasks such as answering the phone, maintaining records, receiving clients and guests, and managing the schedule of the interior designer.
2003 – 2007: Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts, Liverpool College
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.