The interior decorating career is one of the fast-growing careers. Interior decorators are commonly employed in architectural and interior design firms. Some may work in large companies with design departments or as self-employed interior designers. Interior decorators are responsible for designing the interior of structures such as homes, hotels, offices, restaurants, malls, and stores. It is important for interior decorators to constantly research to be up-to-date in their designs.
Sample Interior Decorator CV Template
Dufferin Street, Clerkenwell
London, EC2Y 8RY
Meticulous and creative interior decorator looking for a position in a firm where I can utilize my skills and be given an opportunity for career growth.
Summary of Qualification
- With four years of experience working as an interior decorator.
- Highly knowledgeable of principles in interior decoration.
- Adept in the use of computer applications relevant in designing.
- Innovative and up-to-date in trends and styles that fit different kinds of clients.
- Has a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent time management and people management skills.
- Can provide portfolio of designs upon request.
Career Experience/Job History
2006: Interior decorator, Aesthetics Interior Decor Co.
- Conceptualize and prepare interior decor plans based on preference of clients.
- Meet with clients to discuss their needs and specifications for their building.
- Research for suitable furniture and fabric for the designs.
- Work with other interior designers for big projects.
- Review the work of other interior decorators and give suggestions.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Arts in Interior Design, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.