Glass blowing is a technical job that entails artistry as well as skills in the use of machinery for creating glass products such as laboratory apparatus or glass sculptures. Glass blowers may work in factories manufacturing products made from glass such as glass vases, bowls, laboratory apparatus, or decors. Others may work as individual artists specializing in making sculptures and artwork employing glass blowing techniques. Glass blowers mostly have art degrees but many employers do not require formal art degrees and get training on the job as long as they have a minimum high school diploma.
Sample Glass Blower CV Template
London, N18 3EP
Industrious and dedicated worker with relevant educational background is hoping to share my skills and artistic ability in creating fashionable glass products for a manufacturing company.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years of work experience as a glass blower.
- Sound understanding of glass properties and the principle of glass blowing.
- Excellent artistic ability and capable of designing glass products.
- Highly capable of using machinery used for glass blowing.
- A team player and capable of working under minimal supervision.
- Willing to work long hours to accomplish assignments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Glass Blower, Creative Glass Manufacturing Co.
- Make designs of glass products such as vases and fish bowls for home use.
- Upon approval of designs, produce numerous pieces of finished products.
- Ensure that products are of proper thickness and quality.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.