Furniture restorers may work in museums and other similar institutions or may work for individual furniture collectors. These are professionals in the woodworking industry and are knowledgeable of different kinds of furniture and methods of constructing them. Furniture restorers examine antique furniture to determine the extent of damage or deterioration, plan and implement means of restoring them to their former condition. They must be skilled in the use of different woodworking equipment to restore furniture such as shapers and sanders.
Sample Furniture Restorer CV Template
Hale Village, Liverpool
Merseyside, L27 5RR
Knowledgeable woodworking professional with expertise and experience in furniture restoration seeking to join a team responsible for keeping furniture in good condition.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of experience working as a furniture restorer.
- Knowledgeable of different kinds of furniture and methods of construction.
- Familiar with furniture that are made of wood and metal.
- Strong skills in the use of hand tools and power tools such as drills and pressers.
- Abreast of advances in furniture construction and restoration techniques.
- Excellent skills in organizing and implementing complex restoration methods.
- Can work well under stress.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Furniture Restorer, Liverpool Museum
- Check furniture to determine their age based on the style and materials used.
- Determine the extent of deterioration and conceptualize specific method to restore antique furniture.
- Repair furniture that are minimally damaged and replace parts to prolong their lifespan.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Science in Wood Technology, Liverpool University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.