Furniture designers are employed by manufacturing companies or art-related industries to design furniture and other home décor. Some may work in teams but most work independently, thus furniture designers must be independent and have strong decision-making skills. Furniture designers may produce designs for manufacturing in bulk or may also create designs that are specific for clients or produced in a limited number only. Whatever the purpose for the designs, these artists must be constantly innovating to be able to produce unique designs amid the numerous designs existing in the market.
Furniture Designer CV Template
Worsley Road, Leytonstone
London, E14 3JN
Creative and innovative artist searching for employment as a furniture designer in a company where I can explore my talent in creating designs while also learning practical experience in the field.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess three years of work experience as a furniture designer.
- Possess a high level of creativity and sense of style.
- Knowledgeable of design trends and techniques.
- Abreast of current trends in furniture design and market prices.
- Highly capable of producing designs to meet customers’ needs.
- Capable of following complex instructions and direction.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Furniture Designer, Practical Home Co.
- Create design for furniture such as tables, chairs, beds and home décor such as vases and lampshades.
- Draw designs and discuss them with design team for recommendations and approval.
- Create made-to-order design for special clients.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.