Food stylists are employed by advertising agencies, food networks, and other networks delving in lifestyle themes. Food stylists are responsible for ensuring that food recipes displayed in cooking programs and shows, as well as shown in advertisements in print or in websites are enticing and presentable. They prepare food from shopping for ingredients, to cooking and plating to make dishes ready for photo shoots and displays. Food stylists need to be highly skilled and knowledgeable since food styling is both an art and a science. They need to make sure that the food prepared is the proper colour and arranged well.
Sample Food Stylist CV Template
Antrobus Road, Birmingham
West Midlands, B25 9NX
Hard-working and dedicated worker with exceptional background in food styling is searching for a job where my skills can be enhanced while gaining more experience in the field.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years of professional experience as a food stylist.
- Sound understanding of various cooking principles and techniques.
- With a keen eye for detail and aesthetics.
- Excellent cooking and plating skills.
- Can produce excellent output under extreme pressure and time constraint.
- Knowledgeable of basic photography principles necessary in making food look good under the camera.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Food Stylist, Good Food Advertisers
- Prepare dishes and food products for photography shoots.
- Buy ingredients, chop them, and cook them for advertising purposes.
- Ensure that the food products look good throughout the entire shoot.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Arts in Culinary Arts, Birmingham Culinary School
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.