Photography is a broad field from which springs many careers, one of which is food photography. Food photographers are trained and skilled photographers who are able to create vivid and appetizing photographs of food and food products for use in food and lifestyle magazines or web advertisements. Their work may also be used in cookbooks and other printed material used by culinary schools or restaurants. Food photographers must have an understanding of culinary arts aside from possessing knowledge in basic photography. This career which seems simple actually requires a lot of patience and practice.
Sample Food Photographer CV Template
Bridport Place, Islington
London, N1 6JN
Creative photographer with a passion for food and photography is looking for employment as a food photographer in a magazine that can showcase my abilities while gaining excellent feedback for the magazine.
Summary of Qualification
- With four years of work experience as a food photographer for a food magazine.
- Comprehensive knowledge of culinary techniques and principles.
- Excellent skill in basic and advanced photography.
- Demonstrate great ability to capture good images of various kinds of food.
- Creative and up-to-date with trends in food photography.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Can furnish portfolio of previous works if needed.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Food Photographer, Nutrition Today Magazine
- Style subjects and arrange them for photo shoots.
- Conceptualize and create a design for use in magazine features.
- Edit photographs if necessary to suit the specifications of editor.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.