The musical background of a movies is considered among its most indispensable elements, setting the sustaining the mood and action flow as well as provide the proper thematic setting for its characters. This is the main responsibility of the Film Music Director who harnesses the musical resources at his disposal whether, original or existing musical materials. A portfolio of film music works rounds out a resume for a film music director.
Sample Film Music CV Template
Vernon B. Van Houten
Holborn St., London
To be a resident full-fledged film music director for a major movie studio
2002 – Present: Assistant Resident Film Music Director, Pinewood Studios
- Work with film composers and musicians chosen by the firm director and work to incorporate their works when composing for the film score.
- Compose, develop and conduct the film score for a assigned studio films
- Assist the resident conductor in evaluating auditions
1996 – 2002: 2nd Assistant Music Coordinator, Tandem Films Animation
- Recommend musical selections for film projects.
- Coordinate the overall musical direction in animation projects.
- Provide back up conducting support for rehearsals and performances I the absence of the resident conductor
- Wide network of orchestral and film music directors on both sides of the Atlantic
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and German
- Excellent interpersonal, social and organization skills
Portfolio of original music composed for stage and film available on interview
1996 – 1998: Master of Orchestral Music and Conducting, Curtis Institute of Music, Philadelphia
1992 – 1996: Bachelor of Music in Musicology, New England Conservatory of Music
To be furnished upon request