Desktop publishers work in various industries involved in the field of communication and those requiring the publication of promotional or educational materials. It is a profession that requires knowledge and skills in lay-outing and ability to use computer applications for editing word documents and photographs including Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Pagemaker. Professionals in this field need to be abreast of changing trends and advances in relevant technology.
Sample Desktop publisher CV Template
London, WC2E 7HU
Proactive and flexible professional searching for a challenging position as a desktop publisher for a promising company.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess four years of experience as a commercial artist.
- Highly knowledgeable of design techniques and principles.
- Sound knowledge of media production techniques and principles.
- Sound knowledge of computer applications relevant to desktop publishing.
- Skilled in communicating and interacting with clients.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Outstanding social and interpersonal skills.
- Gives a premium to giving quality output.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Desktop Publisher, Early Learners Company
- Write educational materials for Grade School level students.
- Edit written material for books before publication.
- Create graphics for books and brochures published by the company.
- Layout brochures and other educational materials.
- Design page layouts for use in other projects.
- Create and develop Microsoft Powerpoint presentations.
- Help in creating advertising campaigns.
- Take part in the conceptualization of new educational materials to be published.
- Give recommendations to other staff in the department.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.