Since Toy Story was released in 1995, the world of cinematic animation has pushed the envelope a lot higher. Gone are the days of traditional labour-intensive cell animation. Computer generated animation has redefined the profession and you now have Computer Animation Artists who use parallel processing computer wizardry to generated highly polished and smooth animation in 2D or 3D. Animation companies like Pixar and DreamWorks them an army of them, but so do a number of small animation houses that serve film, TV and advertising animation needs.
Sample Computer Animation Artist CV Template
Allan T. Perkins
Redcliffe St., Bristol, UK
To work as a Computer Animation Artist in a large animation studio
2006 – Present: Animation Artist, Aardman Animations, Bristol,
- Create rough animated line drawings for conceptualizing and storyboarding.
- Operate SGI animation workstations.
- Collaborate with animation director assigned to project in area of scene development, plotting and character development.
- Collaborate with sound directors to ensure lip synchronization
- Submit preliminary animation rushes for approval with the director
- Excellent computer literacy in operating high technology animation workstations
- Excellent artistic creativity in compositing computer generated animation from scratch or from libraries.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to deal with film and art directors
Portfolio of collaborated 2D and 3D animation works released on film and TV available on request
1998 – 2001: Diploma in 3D Animation, SAE Institute, Oxford
1995 – 1998: BS Computer Science, King’s College, London
To be furnished upon request