A choir or glee club is only as good as its Choral Director. Working with a symphony conductor for a heaven storming Beethoven 9th on a full force 54-man philharmonic orchestra and a 100-man chorus group, or just a school church choir, the Choral Director marshals and harmonizes the entire range of human voices from basso profundo to coloratura to bring out their best in interpreting standard classics to modern music. A resume for the position benefits from a portfolio of taped choral works under your baton.
Sample Choral Director/Conductor CV Template
Jessica D. Hollman
Saint Georges St., London
To works as a choral director in a major city philharmonic orchestra or theater production company
2004 – Present: Assistant Choral Director, Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Direct choir rehearsals up to final dress rehearsal with full orchestra under the symphony’s resident or guest conductor.
- · Conduct choir with guest operatic soloists.
- Assist in the screening of applicant auditions for choir or orchestra.]
- Coordinate with studio recording engineers on rehearsals and recording sessions.
1998 – 2004: 2nd Assistant Choral Director, Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Conduct the choir in a gala performances alone or with orchestra
- Approve choral membership application based on audition performance
- Musical knowledge and skill in conducting 100-man mixes choir
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills to lead a choral ensemble.
- Voted the Most Promising Chorale Conductor in the 1998 by the Chicago Herald
- Portfolio of choral recording available upon request or during the interview
1996 – 1998: Master of Music in Choral Music and Conducting, College of Conservatory, Wheaton College.
1993 – 1996: Bachelor of Music in Composition and Theory, Boston Conservatory
To be furnished upon request